• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

P Riggs

P Riggs

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Playing music; studying French language, culture, and history; listening to old time radio; learning and playing accordion; hiking, though I don't get to do much now with having young children, will change in the future; fly-fishing, same as hiking; reading
  • United States

After a several month hiatus, it's nice to finally have some time to get back and browse the forums.
Life has been pretty crazy the last few months and I haven't had much time...
The Geography Department at the University of Colorado at Denver offered me a job teaching three days before classes started. My funding at Colorado State University was running out so I took it. And I was behind before I ever started. My head is still spinning trying to catch up!
Our 5 year-old daughter started kindergarten.
Our third child was born two weeks after classes started. Which, as luck would have it, was during the week UCD shut for the Democratic National Convention.
After we were getting life settled down with the new job and baby, our 3 year-old son needed his tonsils out. Another two weeks of turmoil!
Plus, I've been sick twice in the last month.

Whew!

However, I have taken some time with the kids. It's great that our daughter is studying geography at school. She likes looking at atlases and cartoon maps of animals and people. She has even drawn a few "abstract" maps of imaginary places. And what the 5 year-old does, the 3 year-old absorbs. Over Christmas I hope we can do some more geography and mapping.
And now that life is settling down again, I can slip into some old habits... like reading CartoTalk again!
Philip Riggs
Decorative-Maps.com

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Good to have you back!
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • United States

Welcome back! I hope life settles down a bit for you now!
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Music, GIS, Coffee
  • United States

Welcome back! Great to hear you landed a new job and congratulations on the new baby! We still need to get together sometime and play some music! My accordian is waiting....waiting for someone who can actually play the thing without scaring the neighbors!

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Hey Phil! Good to hear from you and your successes! (they are not easy) And congratulations two!
I really like your site - a huge resource. See you on the blog!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->