Derek Tonn

Derek Tonn

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • United States

Hello everybody!

I thought I would post a quick message to let everyone out there know that my firm (tonnhaus design) has recently merged with North Illustrations via acquisition, with Bob North (owner and chief designer at North) coming to work as a part of our larger design team at tonnhaus design. Bob brings roughly twelve years of experience as a hand-rendered campus map designer to our staff, and will be working with our clients on hand-rendered mapping projects, as well as some additional vector projects.

We are still in the process of integrating all of Bob's clients and portfolio into our web site, but we believe that we are now one of the few firms in North America who can provide a broad variety of campus mapping solutions to our clients all under one roof, including 2D and 3D perspective mapping projects, as well as vector, raster and hand-rendered design techniques.

I apologize for the "self-promotion"! However, I thought this might be a good place to share that news with any CartoTalk participants who are familiar with North's work. Bob built up a strong base of collegiate clients over the years, with roughly 1.5 of every 100 college and university campuses in the United States having hired his firm to complete a variety of projects. Adding Bob and his clients to our larger collective firm is a tremendous asset that should benefit both formerly-independent map design firms for years to come.

Have a great week, everyone!

Derek
Derek Tonn
Founder and CEO
mapformation, LLC

datonn@mapformation.com
http://www.mapformation.com

melon_mapper

melon_mapper

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts-I am a 3rd degree Black Belt and run my own program through the local park and rec department<br>NASCAR<br>Footbal (Badgers and Packers)<br>My kids and my family<br>I was just intorduced to geocaching<br>
  • United States
Congratulations Hope things go well

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->