rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Canada

Hi all -

I have a number of Illustrator files, all converted from Freehand, and many of which have linked files in them. These would be scans etc. The linked files are no more but the links are still in them. I continually get a message that looks like this:
Attached File  message.jpg   43.19KB   43 downloads
Answering Yes or No doesn't seem to help at all and when I go the links panel I am confronted with a blank list of links. But there is no way of deleting them in the links panel. Apparently you have to look for them in the file and delete them that way. But I have no idea what these linked files are or where they are or what layer they'd be on.

Can anyone suggest how I can get rid of them? I'm using Illustrator CS3 on a PC.

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Music, GIS, Coffee
  • United States

What happens if you do a Save As to a new location then reopen the file? You could also trash your AI Prefs file and see if that "resets" the document.

Greg

Greg

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Canada

I have sort of a hack-solution for this issue... You can always relink to some other random file (of same file type).. once the link has been "fixed" you can then remove it from the file. If you have hundreds of links to remove, you could always create an action to do this for you, and then run a batch on the folder that contains all your freehand conversions.
Greg Moore

g r e g @ c a r t o g r a p h i c d e s i g n . c o m
www.cartographicdesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->