Photo

InfoUSA Chooses Maponics Neighborhoods to Power Industry’s First Extensive Neighborhood-Based Marketing List Selection Tool

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

maponics

maponics

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • United States

InfoUSA Chooses Maponics Neighborhoods to Power Industry’s First Extensive Neighborhood-Based Marketing List Selection Tool

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

I personally think Maponics is doing a disservice to itself by exploiting this public forum with private releases.

Then again - this is a public forum and perhaps we should have a discussion about the cost/benefit of trying to leverage your company as cheaply and easily as you can.

I think if they are advertising data - they should pay the price just like ESRI and Avenza are now doing with their banner ads and sponsor this forum.

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

I think the posting is appropriate to this section. As long as it is related to cartography, companies are free to post.

However companies will get more traction and less criticism if they post more than a title and a link as in this case, and if they are active members of the community. But that us up to them.

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

You know the name Maponics sounded quite familar, but I couldn't put my finger on it until suddenly yesterday when I remembered hey that's the same company was asking for a bid on an illustrator cleanup on elance. Now Maponics expected to hire a freelancer to separate from all the data from one layer, (rivers, ZCTA's, roads, text, waterbodies, etc.), & put them in their own separate layers. And what takes the cake was the fact that the freelancer had to do this to 56 maps per month for a fee of less than $500. :rolleyes:

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->