• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

gisintern

gisintern

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

Hello everyone!

My name is Ashleigh, currently I am a senior at San Francisco State University studying Business Administration with an emphasis in Information Systems. I came across this site when I was searching for answers about ArcGIS. My internship with a local water district company has me using ArcGIS to create/update maps. It's really quite interesting and I'm hoping to stay in the GIS field. I have a lot to learn and after reading posts from other members this site seems like a very valuable resource!

Currently I am having trouble with Maplogic. I was wondering if anyone could clue me in on how Maplogic's indexing works. I have an emergency map that I am working on that covers quite a bit of area. I have already set the map series, but I was hoping that I could also have another grid to label the rows and columns on each page, and since my map is about 54 pages I was hoping the labeling could restart on every page to make it easier to use.

I have already asked the someone from maplogic and they said that unfortunately their current program does not let users have that option, but they did say, "Currently, the only way you can do what you are interested in is to intersect the layer you are indexing with the secondary grid layer so that the attributes of the secondary grid layer is transferred to the indexing layer. You can then use the indexing wizard to generate a table with both the page number and secondary grid information."

I'm not quite sure I have learned how to do that in ArcGIS. If anyone has advice or clarification on how to do this that would be fantastic! Any advise would really be helpful.

Thanks!
Ashleigh

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Welcome Ashleigh! Glad you found the forum. As for the MapLogic, post a msg in the GIS forum.
Lots of BayArea'ers here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->