Maponics Announces 50,000 Neighborhood Boundaries in 2000+ Cities
Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:39 AM
Learn Why the Biggest Companies are Choosing Maponics for Neighborhood Data
Maponics, LLC announced today a new record expansion of its neighborhood boundary data, which grew by an incredible 150% over the past six months to more than 50,000 unique neighborhoods. Now local search, real estate, social media and marketing firms all have access to the best neighborhood data on the market for more than 2000 US cities. The alternate neighborhood names data file, which ensures that searches on informal names produce the correct neighborhood, has also been significantly expanded with this release, as has Canadian neighborhood data coverage.
This news follows the signing of several new Maponics Neighborhood Data customers over the past few months – including infoUSA, Dominion Enterprises, Smarter Agent, HelloMetro, Roost, CitySquares and others.
“What these customers see is the high quality and care that go into our professional-grade data,” shares Darrin Clement, President of Maponics. “One of the most important things we hear about is the need for clear, distinct neighborhood boundary lines – that way our customers can construct their search algorithms without having to incorporate the overlap that is built into other providers’ data. This guarantees their users get better search results.”
Other features that lead customers to choose Maponics’ neighborhood boundaries include:
- All licensees get quarterly data deliveries, benefiting from regular updates and expansion so they always have the freshest data.
- Maponics itemizes development each quarter and openly shares future expansion plans with customers.
- Built on 3 levels of neighborhood hierarchy (neighborhoods, sub-neighborhoods, macro-neighborhoods) for the most targeted and relevant search results.
- Authentic neighborhood boundaries that users identify with, not artificial collections of small cities, ZIP Codes or census blocks.
- Flexible licensing terms to accommodate a wide array of applications.
- Up-to-date compatible ZIP Code boundaries also available (created and continually updated in-house for the most accurate correspondence files available).
Maponics draws on decades of cartographic experience to ensure geometric correctness in the boundary creation process.
“It’s really incredible what our neighborhood data team has done in such a short time,” adds Clement. “Our employees are all here in our US offices working day in and day out to provide valuable updates to our customers every quarter. And we’ve got other great news coming soon – stay tuned.”
Maponics specializes in mapping services and map data for businesses. America’s largest corporations entrust Maponics with their mapping and data needs - including 20 percent of the Fortune 500. Maponics is located in Norwich, Vermont, with customers throughout the US and Canada. Learn more at www.maponics.com.
Zephyr Hanna (email@example.com)
Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:15 PM
Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:29 PM
Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:03 PM
We find that Zillow is an adequate source for a small portion of the market; however, the majority of application providers want a more comprehensive data set which is professionally maintained. We are happy to provide free sample data for your review to show the value add. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-762-5158 for more information.
I've been using Zillow's free neighborhoods for some niche markets. The Maponics neighborhoods do seem enticing - would be great to take it for a review before buying.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users