ProMapper

ProMapper

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:promapper@gmail.com
  • India

I have a few files in Illustrator 10 format. They are editable and look okay in Illy10 but on importing it to CS or CS2, with convert legacy text, all types are greyed out. Zooming in allows you to see the text but the font sizes are kinda morphed. All type is in font size 1 but this size 1 is not the actual size of the font. If you increase the size to say 6, it is as huge as size 72 or similar. Anybody got a solution for this. I am attaching the ai file, please have a look and suggest some solution.

Thanks.

Anu
http://www.mapsandlocations.com

Attached Files

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Tried it in CS3 & all I did to correct the problem was to make a slight movement of the text & bam it read 6pt.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

ProMapper

ProMapper

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • India

Tried it in CS3 & all I did to correct the problem was to make a slight movement of the text & bam it read 6pt.

Wow, it works in CS and CS2 too. I wasted half my day trying to correct it. A pretty simple and effective solution, but any reason why this happens?

Thanks so much.

Anu

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Wow, it works in CS and CS2 too. I wasted half my day trying to correct it. A pretty simple and effective solution, but any reason why this happens?

Thanks so much.

Well think it in terms of this way: I had some CDR, (corel draw files), from my college days that I had to convert to to Illustrator format so that I could create my portfolio. However after conversion there were layer problems, colours were not right in many cases, & symbol design issues. So what I'm trying to say is that although your files were made in Illustrator they had to go through a conversion process because simply the newer versions are in essence the same language but with differences. For example as a Canadian I speak English, to the south an American speaks the same language, but from the site itself when I spell colour it is considered incorrect because to the Americans it is spelled color.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

ProMapper

ProMapper

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • India

So very right, thanks again.

I just remembered a joke on such stuff and here it jibes at all the gliches of our software world.

A project manager, a computer programmer and a hardware guy are driving down the road when the car they are in breaks down. The three men try to solve the problem.

The project manager said: "Let's catch a cab and in ten minutes we'll reach our destination."

The computer programmer said: "We have here the driver's guide. We can easily find what is wrong and continue our drive."

The hardware guy said: "First of all, let us open the bonnet, try refixing all the connectors, if it does not work, maybe we can go for an upgrade."

Suddenly a Microsoft software engineer passed by and said: "Try to close all windows, get off the car, and then get in and try again."

Thank you very much again.

Anu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->