gregory

gregory

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Poland

Hi,

I was trying to find a way to convert symbols from manifold in Illustrator from RGB to CMYK. The best way I already found was to convert in Illustrator my symbols from CMYK to RGB using absolute "colometric conversion" then export the symbols to png with high resolution and use them in manifold. The exported to Illy pngs after converting from RGB to CMYK (again using colometric conversion) keep colour values quite well expect the black one (the "black" pngs got all four colours what eliminates them in printing). To say more I have to use pdf as the export format for symbols in pngs cose illustrator files exported from manifold doesn't keep transparency then copy paste to Illy file. Doesn't make a sense.
So.. I can imagine a workflow in which all I do is to export ID of symbols from Manifold and then using script in Illustrator convert symbols with specific ID to a specific symbol (1 - bus stop, 2 - church etc.) It should work simillar to http://kelsocartogra...com/blog/?p=325 find and replace graphic but instead of changing to one symbol a time should change all at once taking into consideration unique IDs. Anyone know where can I find script like that or have a different Manifold - Illustrator solution about symbols?

Cheers,
Gregory

mika

mika

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Poland

I could write you one for CorelDRAW, but have no experience with illy vba. Gimme a shout if you want to play with porting the code from draw to illy...
maps made easy - www.cartomatic.pl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->