haris179

haris179

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Pakistan

hi there!
does anyone know about online payed tasks related to map digitization??? it should go like ... i have to give the employer shp files and they are going to pay me accordinly.
regards

Greg

Greg

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Canada

hi there!
does anyone know about online payed tasks related to map digitization??? it should go like ... i have to give the employer shp files and they are going to pay me accordinly.
regards

You will have to be more specific...
Are you looking for contract work?
I would recommend posting your resume / samples of your work.
Greg Moore

g r e g @ c a r t o g r a p h i c d e s i g n . c o m
www.cartographicdesign.com

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

I'm confused. The first thing that pops in my head is that if you are looking to bid for mapping projects? Sorry dude but most projects that you will get is based on the word of mouth, & if you are starting with no reputation it will take quite some time to get a clientele, & by that it could be up to five years. But that doesn't mean that you don't try to bid on some mapping related projects, simply try out sites such as elance & ODesk. But beware the vast majority of buyers expect low bids.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Not sure about the 5 years, but I agree with Hasdrubal. As a self-employed cartographer, I occasionally hire others to perform certain tasks for me (not just digitizing by the way, also more cartographic jobs). However, before I go ahead and trust somebody with something like that, I want to be absolutely certain they can do the task according to my specs. So yes, trust and word of mouth are very important, because I simply cannot afford to work somebody who turns out to be a disappointment. So over time I've built up a small network of preferred partners.

I hope we're not discouraging you with all this. Do give it a try, elance and similar sites are worth considering for a start, but they do seem to be very much a low-price thing. Personally, I put quality before price and I'm sure many people here will agree to that.

Feel free to post your resume, we have a special section for that, and some samples of your (cartographic) work.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->