Queneau

Queneau

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Netherlands

Hi all,

I am a graphic designer with a great interest in cartography and infographics. Today I found out that the University of Reading, England offers a MA course in Information Design. I wondered if any of you know more about this course, it's program, if it's good or not and why?
And do you know of other Master studies in this field?

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Greetings, Jeffrey
Jeffrey | Queneau

Graphic Designer
Netherlands

ctknoll_ngs

ctknoll_ngs

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • United States

Hi all,

I am a graphic designer with a great interest in cartography and infographics. Today I found out that the University of Reading, England offers a MA course in Information Design. I wondered if any of you know more about this course, it's program, if it's good or not and why?
And do you know of other Master studies in this field?

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Greetings, Jeffrey

Jeffery,

As a recent graduate of a geography program here in the states, I looked to continue my education and go into the field of geovisualization and information graphics. I just thought I would pass along a professors name, and program that in my opinion has high remarks in this field. Dr. Andre Skupin at San Diego State University is involved in this kind of work. Good luck, the link below is to Dr. Skupin's webpage.

http://geography.sds...lty/skupin.html

Chris

Dennis McClendon

Dennis McClendon

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:map design, large-scale maps of cities
  • United States

I don't see anything on Prof. Skupin's web page that indicates an interest in information graphics. His publications are mostly about GIS. Is there anything specific that he's published or worked on?
Dennis McClendon, Chicago CartoGraphics
chicagocarto.com

Queneau

Queneau

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Netherlands

The link I put in doesn't seem to work. I'll try again like this:

http://www.reading.a...ationdesign.asp

It is not a pure cartography course, with GIS and all, but it touches on cartography I think
Jeffrey | Queneau

Graphic Designer
Netherlands

Kartograph

Kartograph

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Germany

I don't see anything on Prof. Skupin's web page that indicates an interest in information graphics. His publications are mostly about GIS. Is there anything specific that he's published or worked on?

I happen to have met André Skupin, and he is indeed interested in Information Graphics but with a little GeoViz bent. Some of his current work is concerned with SOMs (Self Organizing Maps) as an explorational tool for Multidimensional Geodata . He has a cartographic background, btw.

One of his books:

http://www.amazon.de...e/dp/0470021675

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->