Hermawan US

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:GIS, Cartography, Statistics
  • Indonesia

Dear all,

I have make some improvement for Bali Map that I had ever posting in this forum and please give any comment and suggestion.
I have a little problem when editing a large map 72 x 94 inch in Illustrator, Now I try to make some art in illustrator but I think my laptop too very low in hardware performance.

If there are any experiences using Illustrator with low hardware resources, please give some advice.

This the link
Bali Map

Hermawan

Anatoliy

Anatoliy

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Russian Federation

Hi, Hermawan!
Nice work, but i have still a comments:

The lightning on relief is not classic (north-west),
because of it it seems that the rivers flow on tops of hills.

And still a question : Where it's possible to find basemap data to all Indonesia or Java (not DCW)

Hermawan US

Hermawan US

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Indonesia

Hello Anatoly,

Thank's for your attention about the relief, I will try to make an improvement.
Hermawan

Anatoliy

Anatoliy

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Russian Federation

Hello Anatoly,

Thank's for your attention about the relief, I will try to make an improvement.
Hermawan

About data
if you have basemap data of Java (2 500 000 - 5 000 000) please send it to me
ALapushko@vokrugsveta.ru

BioGeoMan

BioGeoMan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • United States

Great improvement Hermawan! A few thoughts:

• Your labeling of towns and cities often overlaps roads and streams. this makes it difficult to read these names, especially where the text is magenta and the roads are red.
  • The smaller roads and streams font is too small. Even when zoomed in to 200%, I still have problems reading the text.
  • The smaller roads and streams font looks as if it is automatically placed. Some of the text is unreadable since it tries to follow the path of the stream or road.
  • What criteria did you use to name some streams, but not others. Some of the larger streams are not labeled, while smaller tributaries are.
  • I am not familiar with Bali, but should you label the Major Roads? Assuming the country has a numbered highway system.
  • I don't know if it is necessary to label items in your legend on the map (e.g. schools, temples, cemeteries). Unless you show the actual place name.
  • Surfing is misspelled on the map, but not in the legend.
  • Travel Agent, Port, Immigration, Airport, Gallery, and Ferry are misspelled in the legend and Waterfall is technically one word.
  • Make sure that the symbol size depicted in the legend transfers over to what is portrayed on the map itself. In areas where symbology becomes too dense, consider creating an inset map that zooms in on these areas showing locations of services and attractions clearly.

This is potentially a very useful map for visitors of Bali, however, it is difficult to read in some areas because of automated text placement and symbols that are too small to discern what they represent.

I think some manual editing is necessary...time consuming, but necessary.

Thanks,
M.

Michael Scisco

BioGeoCreations
Albuquerque, NM

505-603-3636
biogeocreations.com

Hermawan US

Hermawan US

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Indonesia

hello Anatoly and Michael, here my new revision of Bali Map

Some suggestion for miss spelling in the map, I still correcting and editing. I will post again when I have finished it.
This map originally size 72 x 94 inch, minimum font size 6 point, and when zoom to actual size (100%) can readable of any text of street and stream or toponymy. Resource of base map is 1 : 25.000 and GPS survey of some hotel, gasoline station etc. After this Bali Map is finished. I will make an bookmap with index. I hope can publish both of wall paper and Bookmap. For any suggestion, I am very appreciate B)

This link contain pdf file with size map A3- ± 4.881 M (resizing from 72 x94 inch)
Visit My Website

Hermawan US
www.hsadik.multiply.com

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->