18 replies to this topic

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Analisa, where is the attack ferret... ?

well, since you asked frax...

BEHOLD! the attack ferret!

insider info : a coworker gave me that sign as a joke referring to my 8 pound dachshund/chihuahua who often comes to work with me, and while not violent per se, keeps up the bad little dog rep by barking at anyone who calls her "cute"...

that is cool - I can see both breeds! (2-breed vision :D )

Derek Tonn

Derek Tonn

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • United States

Here's my humble home for 12 hours/day, six days week. :)

My office is located on the third floor of my home. We took unused space in our attic and built out a 140-square foot cocoon (completely insulated for sound, heat, cold and moisture). I also built-out an adjacent 150 square foot storage room (right of photo) for all my thousands and thousands of maps I had lying around everywhere (Becky let out an audible cheer once I had all my maps organized in one place instead of all around the house, LOL), and will have a 60 square foot adjacent half-bath (left of photo) with my office someday as well (all plumbed and framed/sheetrocked...we just ran out of money to finish the flooring and fixtures last Summer). All in all, a nice little work environment...complete with a skylight to star-gaze at night while saving electricity during the day. It's really cool to be working on the computer, then look up and watch the moon slowly moving across the sky.

Notice one of Hans' devil-ducks in the upper left corner of the photo! :lol: I've got lots of misc. nick-nacks, and bits of stuff from my daughters and travels decorating the room. It's such a better work environment than I had before. I feel a bit spoiled now, but that was after years of working in absolutely terrible space.

Attached Files

Derek Tonn
Founder and CEO
mapformation, LLC

datonn@mapformation.com
http://www.mapformation.com

Fran├žois Goulet

Fran├žois Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Notice one of Hans' devil-ducks in the upper left corner of the photo! :lol:

Hans, do you sell those??? I want one for my office!!!!! :D

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

I love your space Derek. Just like I always wanted. I,m moving in.
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->