• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

EcoGraphic

EcoGraphic

Master Contributor

• Links Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:landscape architecture,cartography,information architecture,wayfinding,landscape archaeology,cultural landscapes,sustainable design,visual journalism,travel writing,photography,illustration,languages
  • Canada

Has anyone run into this printing issue before?

I sent a map into one of the local shops to have a copy run off, and when I arrived to pick up the print the colours were COMPLETELY wrong. Instead of blue for the lakes and rivers it had printed as a sort of light flourescent pistachio green, and there where square patches of blue throughout the lakes.

I check her computer to see if she was trying to open the PDF in an old version of Acrobat or anything like this and that was clearly not the issue. The same colours that printed were the ones showing up on her screen, so I am wondering if her computer is working off an old set of colour profiles as this was created in Illustrator CS. However, I did install Acrobat 7.0 for her which should have updated these profiles.

A second issue was that I tried viewing one of my maps online, and the website they are posted on wasn't even displaying correctly. It was not displaying the blue background at all, just replacing it with grey.

Could this mean that her computer is missing a Windows colour profile since her websites are not showing up correctly???

I should have sent her a TIFF file to print from, however I am wondering if the same problem is going to arise if it is a windows issue.

I have never run into this before so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gillian
Gillian Auld
EcoGraphic Design
www.EcoGraphic.ca

Design is the intermediary between information and understanding
Richard Grefe

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Hi Gillian,

I was wondering if this issue was resolved and if it was the color profile or something else. It sounds like it was quite frustrating.

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->