ProMapper

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:promapper@gmail.com
  • India

Greetings all!

I've been lurking on CartoTalk for awhile now and I really appreciate and respect the community here. I just returned from the ESRI UC and have been inspired to post a map for review.

The attached screen shots are from a reference wall map (42''X52'') designed for the public that currently use or may potentially visit Colorado Division of Wildlife properties. While not shown yet, I can see adding Game Management Units to future versions (GMU's are how hunting licenses are issued).

I'm fairly happy with the look of the map, but the nagging question I have is, "Is it good enough to be mass produced and sold?"

Any comments would be great.

Cheers!
Chris Johnson
Colorado Division of Wildlife

Hi Chris

It sure is a nice map. The terrain rendering is really impressive. What is the software you used for that? However the terrain shade for the Rocky Mountain National Park make it look recessed and a bit sombre too. Though being a Rocky Mountain Park, the brown is the right shade but contrasting with snow in the South and West it looks too dark.

I would also recommend the Freeway 70 with a little bolder red outline or a less wide white center. Well the white center looks like a channel, well just my perception. Overall it is a great looking map. Do let us know your workflow, especially terrain creation and overlay of vector data.

Anu
http://www.mapsandlocations.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
-->