10 replies to this topic

David T

David T

GIS Manager, USMC, MCIWEST-MCB Camp Pendleton

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

Anyone from Cartotalk attending this year?

I will be there again this year. I have six maps on display that I worked on myself, as well as coordinating the Marine Corps effort (we'll have about 40 maps and posters on display this year!).

I revised my San Diego Fire History map series with the newest data, and made some other little changes on it to update it for this year. I'm presenting a paper on the topic during the conference, and created a technical poster to support the presentation (my first time for a 'non-map' type poster for the conference). There is a map of the wildfires that hit Camp Pendleton last October. And I also created a map of the United States, just to keep the cartographic muscles sharp.

I had one more map on the plate, but the idea came to me too late, and I've just got to admit that I'm running out of time.

Hope to see you there.
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
United States Marine Corps
West Coast Installations

waypoints

waypoints

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Geospatial Technologies, Cartography, Geography
  • United States

Hey David I will be there next week. Be sure to come to the Cato-SIG which is on Thursday I believe.

David T

David T

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

Hey David I will be there next week. Be sure to come to the Cato-SIG which is on Thursday I believe.

The Carto SIG is Thursday, but unfortunately, I can't make it. (I really enjoyed it when I attended two years ago). I've actually got a business meeting to run at the same time. The ESRI Conference is one of those times I get my GIS Managers together for a brief update, and Thursday afternoon is the only time I have to do it. Thanks for the invite.
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
West Coast Installations

peanut

peanut

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • United States

I will be there next week as well.

Pretty excited about the conference this time around. I think ESRI has finally started to hit the nail on the head for web mapping applications with the ArcGIS server product. The possibilities for making attractive cached maps for the web with high performance using ArcGIS server are almost endless.

I will also have a collage of 11 watershed posters titled 'Central Texas Watershed Posters Colorado River Basin'. The posters will be on panels 2051, 2052, 2053, and 2054.

Rich

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • United States

I'll be there, too. Working at the mapping and visualization island some of the time. Running around doing other stuff the rest of the time. :D
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

We will have an assortment of printed maps as well as two digital atlas products at panels: 3051, 3052, 3053, 3057, 3058, 3059, 3060, 3068, 3069, 3070.

Exhibtion booth #: 2109

Drop by and say hello! I'm looking forward to it!

Erin

mike

mike

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Canada

Hey David,

Of course I'll be there! I'll spend most of my time at the Spatial Outlet book store, so come by and say hi. I'll also be wandering around the Map Gallery doing some judging, and I'll be at the Map Critique Station as well (only for a few hrs throughout the week). Apparently, I'll be vendor/user group party hopping in search of sponsored adult beverages most of the nights too ... :P

David T

David T

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

Hey David,

Of course I'll be there! I'll spend most of my time at the Spatial Outlet book store, so come by and say hi. I'll also be wandering around the Map Gallery doing some judging, and I'll be at the Map Critique Station as well (only for a few hrs throughout the week). Apparently, I'll be vendor/user group party hopping in search of sponsored adult beverages most of the nights too ... :P

Mike - did you really want to mention sponsored adult beverages in the same paragraph as judging the map gallery? I do have some more entries again this year... :lol:
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
West Coast Installations

mike

mike

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Canada

Hey David,

Mike - did you really want to mention sponsored adult beverages in the same paragraph as judging the map gallery? I do have some more entries again this year... :lol:

LOL... holding true to the NACIS motto: drinkers with a mapping problem. :P

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

David, you can check if a hefty tip to Mike in the map store would increase your chances in the map gallery... :)
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

David T

David T

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

David, you can check if a hefty tip to Mike in the map store would increase your chances in the map gallery... :)

I do have the means to get ahold of quite a few drink vouchers for the map gallery opening!
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
West Coast Installations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->