Thanks for updating the link Hermawan. The map has a good overall look to it, I would suggest the following:
- The gradation of colors used to represent elevation should blend between colors a bit more. The abrupt change in colors is a bit distracting and artificial.
- Did you use automated labeling in ArcMap? Many of your place names overlap roads, other text, and some even overlap the point or symbol they are representing. I would go through all of the labels and reposition them, you have plenty of room.
- I am not sure that bathymetry beyond the coastline is necessary, but that is just an opinion, it looks fine.
- The roads represented in your legend do not match what is shown on the map.
- I think you mean "Arterial Street" not Arteri Street.
- Airport, Gallery, Immigration, District, Subdistrict, are misspelled in the legend and I am not sure what is going on below the "Parking" and above the "National Park" entry on the legend.
- I think the symbols you are using in the legend and on the map are too small to read and differentiate. For example, I can't tell the difference between Market, Library, and Hotel...which may be important to a tourist or visitor to the island.
- What does the different symbology for the towns/villages represent? Do some have a higher population? Look carefully and some of the circles are separated...meaning the internal coloring is separated from the black outline.
- Maybe label some natural features such as rivers, mountains, bays, etc.
- Including the residential and unpaved streets is a good idea, but I can barely see them, maybe increase the contrast a bit.
- Tower, Temple, Landmark, and Monument are missing symbols in the legend.
Am I correct in assuming that you automated the placement of the annotation on this map? I would suggest spending a significant amount of time in Illustrator repositioning your annotation, making certain the placement of your point features on the map are accurate, fix all errors in your legend, make certain that your symbols are legible and that they match what is represented on the map, and label some major natural features...since I am sure Bali has a wealth of natural beauty.
Good start, but the map needs a significant amount of work. Could you re-post when you have worked on it a bit more?