9 replies to this topic

aneel74

aneel74

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • India

Hello all,

I had a project of Geology maps- converting coral draw files (cdr) to Mapinfo tab Formats.

If any 1 interested to know the procedure, PM me

though we can export to dxf in coral draw , but this dxf will not accepts in mapinfo as coral draw Lines are exported as Splines not plines.

if its so simple, better you can try..

i'm attaching snapshot of mapinfo tabs in jpg format as this forum not accepting cdr or tab files

Bye

Anil

Attached Files

mika

mika

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Poland

It's actually pretty easy and usually applies to other gis soft too - dxf :-)
maps made easy - www.cartomatic.pl

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

I could have sworn I had replied to this one already... maybe I'm getting old... :huh:

Anyway... As I said to GISGURU yesterday:

The Map Gallery is meant to show off maps (and what is or isn't a map is another discussion) that you have either designed or produced or at the very least have had some involvement in how it looks. It can be a finished product, or something that still being worked on.

So what is it that you're showing us? The original Corel Draw file? The MapInfo file that you created? How much influence did you have on the design?
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

aneel74

aneel74

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • India

its not so simple to convert cdr to mapinfo, thats why i posted here.
but your forum does not accepting cdr or mapinfo tab files to upload, so uploaded jpg

though we can export to dxf in coral draw , but this dxf will not accepts in mapinfo as coral draw Lines are exported as Splines not plines.

if its so simple, better you can try..

thanks

Anil

Kalai Selvan

Kalai Selvan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Map Making & Map making
  • India

Anyway... As I said to GISGURU yesterday:

The Map Gallery is meant to show off maps (and what is or isn't a map is another discussion) that you have either designed or produced or at the very least have had some involvement in how it looks. It can be a finished product, or something that still being worked on.

Hans van der Maarel, i strongly appreciate your feedback, you are not the only reader in this forum, you might be a moderator or what so ever, all the samples that the guys post may be awarkward to you, but it could be of some importance to many remember, criticism is not the only objective brother.

I have seen in a lot of instances, you rarely appreciate. Few samples are meant to be viewed only, i am not pretty sure if you have seen are conerted, created, edited such engineering drawings, may be i know that you do different things which we can't do. So its always fair enough not to comment on things that you are not familiar with or else you make it pretty clear that 'ONLY MAPS OF CARTOGRAPHERS SHOULD BE PUBLISHED' if you guys do that only few great cartogrphers like you moderators WILL have an access to do business as well as branding.

I hope many in this forum will agree with me. remember "Hans " & frequent contributors are not the only members in this forum.There are many who have downloaded my attachments and have sent me appreciations...So lets us not keep pulling the posters now & then.

Cheers!!!
GISGURU

Thanks and Regards
Kalai Selvan

mika

mika

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Poland

@ aneel74

When I say something is easy I realy mean it as I did it in the past quite a few times... So you don't have to be unpolite.
And if GIS soft doesn't support dxf curve segmentizing on import you do it CorelDRAW (not coral btw)

@ aneel74, GISGURU

I am pretty sure you know your guts and are pretty good as techie personnel but you could at least bear in mind this is a CARTO forum and try to remember that if you post something in the map gallery it could at least look like a map - worse, better, but a map.
In my opinion an engineering drawing or raw data visualisation in MapInfo / CorelDRAW is not a map and I am almost sure most of cartographers would disregard it as a good (carto)graphic design too. So if you decide to post a graphic here please give us some background info, will you? Without it stuff you show is worth absolutely nothing. Or alternatively post a piece that would not require backround and instead make us ask: 'how the hell did you do it?'

Or, perhaps, post your info in the tutorial section, though I am affraid you're after selling your solution... And if this is so perhaps you should advertise in some sort of commercial environment. Please prove me if I am wrong...

Users of this forum tend to help others and share their tips and tricks for free, you see...
maps made easy - www.cartomatic.pl

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

aneel74 - I moved this to the "Software applications" forum - it was a bit unclear from your original post if it was show and tell (map gallery - to display and get feedback on your maps) or if you were asking for advice/assistance - I think it is the latter, right... ?

Gisguru - as you might have seen from the replies to your posts previously, there are several people that have found your contributions to the map gallery a bit out of topic and with very little context. Keep in mind that this is primarily a cartography forum - as in the science/art of communicating space - and the focus is not on GIS and CAD. To properly understand what we are trying to communicate with a map, please provide as much context as possible.

I think we are quite open and not too strict about the definitions and boundaries, but keep this in mind as you post.

If you need more comments/feedback/opinions - please don't hesitate to contact Hans, Nick, Erin, myself or the other stewards of CartoTalk!
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

aneel74, to share files, I just read about this new service called drop.io, could be worth a try if you want to share a file, and when you don't have access to your own server: http://drop.io/
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Richard

Richard

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Surveying, Bushwalking<br />As a kid mapping has always interested me.<br />Main mapping is for a local rivercare group - Mount Roland Rivercare Catchment Inc.<br />Use Manifold, AICS with MAPublisher and CanvasX GIS and field book and pencil.
  • Australia

With the risk of being negative, I very respectfully ask what is the difference between the context of the post ' Indexing question for MAPublisher in CS2 on Mac' and the question posted here.
I enjoy browsing here and yet this area currently leaves me a bit confused. The brilliance of the Xara blokes efforts are applauded and rightfully so - thanks for sharing GP - brilliant stuff. I have often wondered what sort of maps I could do with Xara (I have the latest version). Then where does it head - the forum ie?
He may have posted in wrong place originally, but the poor bloke seemed genuinely interested in receiving an answer to his dilemma. His posted images look like a map to my scientific eye, just as GP's map looks like one to my graphic eye. It just depends which eye you look through.
I say give him a break please and lets all enjoy sharing.
two bobs worth from Downunder.
regards

bayu

bayu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

hello.

i'm absolutely newbie on this forum (u can see this is my first post) ^^

actually, i wanna ask you about the conversion, coreldraw file into mapinfo (.tab).. how does it work?
this is really2 important for me because it'll be use for my last work/skripsi..

i can't PM you because like i said before, i'm still newbie ^^

"maybe you can help me aneel74"

thank you very much.

i'll follow this group for the answer,
but if you wanna send me some message,
u can compose it to indixion@yahoo.com

thank you very much, again ^o^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->