1 reply to this topic

Unit Seven

Unit Seven

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • New Zealand

Hi all,

Have had some funny results due to the map layout window clipping the data layers in the map and thought maybe someone here can point to something obvious I can do to fix the issue—I don't want to clip the data before I export and ideally I'd like to not have to delete the problem items in Illustrator after export.

I have just logged logged this with out ESRI distributor but thought I may post here as well as it is one of those things that most ArcMap users probably wouldn't have issues with but many of you may have encountered.

The problem is in the attached pdf with examples. Any ideas please let me know—otherwise I will put up what ESRI reply with for future reference here.

Cheers,

Sam.

edit: and now with attachment (Thanks Hans!)

Attached Files

S a m B r o w n

U N I T S E V E N
unit.seven@gmail.com

Miramar, Wellington
N E W Z E A L A N D

Melita Kennedy

Melita Kennedy

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • United States

Hi all,

Have had some funny results due to the map layout window clipping the data layers in the map and thought maybe someone here can point to something obvious I can do to fix the issue—I don't want to clip the data before I export and ideally I'd like to not have to delete the problem items in Illustrator after export.

I have just logged logged this with out ESRI distributor but thought I may post here as well as it is one of those things that most ArcMap users probably wouldn't have issues with but many of you may have encountered.

The problem is in the attached pdf with examples. Any ideas please let me know—otherwise I will put up what ESRI reply with for future reference here.

Cheers,

Sam.

edit: and now with attachment (Thanks Hans!)

Sam,

When I run the 'Check Geometry' Tool 0n the landuse shapefile, the tool reports self-intersection on feature ID 9 and incorrect ring order in ID 3. ArcMap tries to reconcile problem geometries like this, but printing, clipping, or projecting will sometimes expose these issues. After I fixed the shapefile (using the Repair Geometry Tool), and open the map document, I can see the schools and green areas fine in ArcMap. That is, it's not a solid brown color any more! Check/Repair geometry tools are in version 9.2.

Sorry about the late reply. I don't check Cartotalk as often as I should.

Melita
ESRI Product Engineer (for coordinate systems)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->