Lori Martin

Lori Martin

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Canada

Hi there, congrats!

I'm a fellow SSFC CS graduate myself. :) How's Ron and Steve? :)

So my question is: just how many of us Fleming grads are lurking out there? I graduated in '97.

I graduated from SSFC (before it became just Fleming) in 1990. We used the tools that are now housed in the "museum" case in the new Geomatics wing. Our one computer course was ArcINFO 3.0. :(

I remember Ron and Steve very well. Dave Opie was the best professor there at the time, but has since retired. He checked our scribe coats with a magnifying glass!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Lori
Lori Anne Martin,
St. Catharines, Ontario
Canada

Charles Syrett

Charles Syrett

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Canada

Dave Opie was the best professor there at the time, but has since retired. He checked our scribe coats with a magnifying glass!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Lori

I worked with Dave Opie at the Ontario Government, before he went to SSFC! Guess that dates me....I remember looking out the window and seeing dinosaurs and wooly mammoths.... :rolleyes:

Charles Syrett
Map Graphics
http://www.mapgraphics.com

Fran├žois Goulet

Fran├žois Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

This background is unknown to a lot of Canadians of both linguistic persuasion. About 15 years ago, When I was in Toronto, they booed the French Version of the national anthem 'O Canada' during a game. My Toronto friends said that if we had a French translation of O Canada, then why not an Italian one, a Spanish one , etc.... It was total news to them that 'O Canada' was originally a French song for about a hundred years and only recently translated into English.

All Canadians, from rabid Quebecois seperatists to anglo-rednecks hate when I bring up that point.

Nah! I knew it! ;) Good abstract btw...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->