Kalai Selvan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Map Making & Map making
  • India

Hi!!!

Look at another sample map, let me know how it is.

Regards,
GISGURU

Attached Files

Thanks and Regards
Kalai Selvan

mika

mika

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Poland

Any advice on what the graphic is supposed to show? A title, a legend perhaps?
maps made easy - www.cartomatic.pl

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

GISGURU,
No offense, but I don't think this sample is going to convince anyone of your skills (especially a forum of cartographers). Are those countries, clouds, or bruises? What message are you trying to convey with this map? How is this map useful? I recommend thinking of a topic or story that interests you and then build a map that depicts some aspect of that story. For example, if the map was titled " 2020 The Year Dick Cheney Turned the World Blue for Evil Purposes Yet Unknown" our brains would have something to consider. Data alone doesn't tell us anything.

Charles Syrett

Charles Syrett

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Canada

Let me be more blunt. I have clipart collections that have maps that look like this. Really.

Again -- no offense, but it would be good to post a completed map, rather than something that looks like just a starting point -- because it doesn't really communicate anything at all. Can you add something to this? Make it into...you know, a map? :rolleyes:

Charles Syrett
Map Graphics
http://www.mapgraphics.com

GISGURU,
No offense, but I don't think this sample is going to convince anyone of your skills (especially a forum of cartographers). Are those countries, clouds, or bruises? What message are you trying to convey with this map? How is this map useful? I recommend thinking of a topic or story that interests you and then build a map that depicts some aspect of that story. For example, if the map was titled " 2020 The Year Dick Cheney Turned the World Blue for Evil Purposes Yet Unknown" our brains would have something to consider. Data alone doesn't tell us anything.

Kalai Selvan

Kalai Selvan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • India

Let me be more blunt. I have clipart collections that have maps that look like this. Really.

Again -- no offense, but it would be good to post a completed map, rather than something that looks like just a starting point -- because it doesn't really communicate anything at all. Can you add something to this? Make it into...you know, a map? :rolleyes:

Charles Syrett
Map Graphics

GISGURU,

Well as John rightly said, this simple jpg cannot convince anybody of my skills, but its my mistake not to have described anything about this map. The importance of this map is. Its a geo-reference spatial data, which is meant for making hotspots for a tourist guidance. The work is completed, The world scans is linked to all counties, just click on the country it takes to the respective counties as a whole further click on the counties, the detail of information goes on & oN & on.

So i believe i have some info for the guys who had lots of thought about my scan.Please don't ask me the link to see now, i shall definately share the site soon. its only possible if my client official announces the opening.

Hahahahahahah

Gisguru.

Thanks and Regards
Kalai Selvan

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

Charles Syrett
Map Graphics

GISGURU,

Well as John rightly said, this simple jpg cannot convince anybody of my skills, but its my mistake not to have described anything about this map. The importance of this map is. Its a geo-reference spatial data, which is meant for making hotspots for a tourist guidance. The work is completed, The world scans is linked to all counties, just click on the country it takes to the respective counties as a whole further click on the counties, the detail of information goes on & oN & on.

So i believe i have some info for the guys who had lots of thought about my scan.Please don't ask me the link to see now, i shall definately share the site soon. its only possible if my client official announces the opening.

Hahahahahahah

Gisguru.

GISguru,
Yes, having a little background information on the map really helps. :) There are actually quite a few forum members who can create some great interactive maps...so ask if you have any "how to" questions.

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Hahahahahahah

:P

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

2020 The Year Dick Cheney Turned the World Blue for Evil Purposes Yet Unknown

Ok so why are some areas paler blue? Resistance movements?
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

Kalai Selvan

Kalai Selvan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • India

Ok so why are some areas paler blue? Resistance movements?

the client wants the islands to be represented in a diffferent color, thats the reason they are paler blue, may be the end result could be "2010 The year tommy turned the World a bit paler blue for good purpose.

Thanks and Regards
Kalai Selvan

Hermawan US

Hermawan US

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:GIS, Cartography, Statistics
  • Indonesia

Hello GIS Guru,

In my thougth, you must learning to draw a map without GIS software, create a cartography using paper, and art pen. It will be give us, a good experience, and touch to our imagination to create message for a map.

After this step, you must implemented an element of cartography with GIS sofware. Please folow many rule to create a map, and give some nice touth to your map with a design, both informations and artistic.

Some time, we lost a mood to make an appropriate map. :)

Hermawan

sitesatlas

sitesatlas

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Spain

There are some border issues with the map:
- Tibet is carved out of China (though that may be intentional)
- Sakhalin, the large Russian island north of Japan, is joined to the mainland and not light blue like the other islands
- There are some border issues where Nepal, Bhutan, India, and Bangladesh come together
- The southern part of Thailand and peninsular Malaysia are incorrectly shown as islands
Michael Borop
World Sites Atlas
http://www.sitesatlas.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->