3 replies to this topic

wick

wick

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • United States

My dad recently ordered a "triptik" style road trip planner from the Allstate Motor Club. On the envelope that the maps were mailed in was a really fun USA map graphic that I wanted to share, but also learn more about.
I couldn't find it online anywhere, and I'm curious if anybody knows the origins of this art.
Thanks,
-Jesse

Attached Files

Jesse Wickizer
Maps.com

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Was there a sing-a-long included with this map?

Which is something I might start providing for my clients, a little song on the back of the map.

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

That's a pretty cool map, if I was a kid I would want to follow the lines sort of like a maze. ;)

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

Dale Sanderson

Dale Sanderson

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • United States

My dad recently ordered a "triptik" style road trip planner from the Allstate Motor Club. On the envelope that the maps were mailed in was a really fun USA map graphic that I wanted to share, but also learn more about. I couldn't find it online anywhere, and I'm curious if anybody knows the origins of this art.

It looks circa 1970s... although I suppose it could be more modern and intentionally retro.
Dale Sanderson
professionally: cartographics manager for Dex One
personally: cartophile and road-geek (my website)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->