Kalai Selvan

Charles Syrett

Charles Syrett

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Canada

This looks like what we used to call (in the old days) a "manuscript" -- a plot of some sort that we would use for making a map. So I assume that this is a work-in-progress. Can you tell us something about it? What will be the end result, and what will be its purpose? What software will you be using for the cartography? And what was used to create what we see here? Were the contours already created, or did you use software to create them? How about the other detail? Do you do photogrammetry? Etc. It would be very interesting to hear all this.
Charles Syrett
Map Graphics
http://www.mapgraphics.com

Hi!!!

Please let me know how it looks!!!!

Cheers!!!
GISGURU

Kalai Selvan

Kalai Selvan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Map Making & Map making
  • India

This looks like what we used to call (in the old days) a "manuscript" -- a plot of some sort that we would use for making a map. So I assume that this is a work-in-progress. Can you tell us something about it? What will be the end result, and what will be its purpose? What software will you be using for the cartography? And what was used to create what we see here? Were the contours already created, or did you use software to create them? How about the other detail? Do you do photogrammetry? Etc. It would be very interesting to hear all this.
Charles Syrett
Map Graphics
http://www.mapgraphics.com

Hi!!!

Please let me know how it looks!!!!

Cheers!!!
GISGURU

Syrett,

Its basically a planemetrics data, the contours are pre-existing entities, The use of these maps are to improve and to have a regular updates by the municipal authorites, the data that i have presented contains 3 updates, when i say 3 updates i mean they have been regularly updated with a higher resolution satellite imagery. We use Arcgis to produce and update these maps. You are right this map is just a section.

The major use of these maps is; we map all the new settlements in the area, which is further classified into commercial,residential etc. which helps in taxation, planning and construction.

That much i know the use of these maps.

Hope it answers your ?

Cheers!!!
GISGURU.

Thanks and Regards
Kalai Selvan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->