• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

jordanfewe

jordanfewe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

Dear Forum,
Once about 6 months ago, I saw a link to a younger man, and maybe an assistant or two. It was a small operation. He was an artist of some sort, maybe solely trained as a cartographer, maybe not. He was freshly coming out of a university, or so it said on his website at least at the time if I remember correctly. It was a long 6 months ago, and I only saw it in passing.

He was making maps - historical maps from his own original research. He was collecting old books from ancient civilizations, and doing the work necessary to create original maps, of high modern quality, representing political borders (and those kinds of things), of times past long ago. He was talking on his website about how much time he was putting into to getting the data right, etc... He seemed to know what he was doing authoritatively, which makes me remember that he might have had some cartographic education. My memory is hazy. This is a good place to ask.

He had some pictures on his website (?blog?), - high-quality stuff. I have lost that link. I bookmarked it, but lost it when I switched browsers. I have searched google for all sorts of keywords, but have come up with nothing. Does anyone know who I am talking about?

I might have a job for him.

Thank You,
Jordan

Justin Procopio

Justin Procopio

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • United States

Dear Forum,
Once about 6 months ago, I saw a link to a younger man, and maybe an assistant or two. It was a small operation. He was an artist of some sort, maybe solely trained as a cartographer, maybe not. He was freshly coming out of a university, or so it said on his website at least at the time if I remember correctly. It was a long 6 months ago, and I only saw it in passing.

He was making maps - historical maps from his own original research. He was collecting old books from ancient civilizations, and doing the work necessary to create original maps, of high modern quality, representing political borders (and those kinds of things), of times past long ago. He was talking on his website about how much time he was putting into to getting the data right, etc... He seemed to know what he was doing authoritatively, which makes me remember that he might have had some cartographic education. My memory is hazy. This is a good place to ask.

He had some pictures on his website (?blog?), - high-quality stuff. I have lost that link. I bookmarked it, but lost it when I switched browsers. I have searched google for all sorts of keywords, but have come up with nothing. Does anyone know who I am talking about?

I might have a job for him.

Thank You,
Jordan

I know of one company that specializes in historical maps... "Historical Map Works" in ME, but I don't think thats who you're thinking of because I think they have been around for at least a few years. They do a lot of map restorations. I don't know a whole lot about them, I just talked to them when I was at the AAG meeting this year.

I'm currently looking for work as a cartographer... mind if I ask what kind of job you were trying to fill?

Justin

---------------------------------
Justin Procopio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->