Esther Mandeno

Esther Mandeno

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • United States

Hello,

My name is Esther Mandeno. I am a GIS professional working from home. I own my own business (www.digitalmappingsolutions.com) and I primarily work in Wildland Fire Management and Natural Resource Management. However, recently I have been in need of supplementing my income and have delved into the cartographic side of my work, hoping to generate some income. However, I'm not sure how to do that.

I will be posting some maps soon for some feed back. At the moment I do not have any map clients but hope to change that soon!

Thanks,
Esther Mandeno
------
Esther Mandeno
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

My name is Esther Mandeno. I am a GIS professional working from home. I own my own business (www.digitalmappingsolutions.com) and I primarily work in Wildland Fire Management and Natural Resource Management. However, recently I have been in need of supplementing my income and have delved into the cartographic side of my work, hoping to generate some income. However, I'm not sure how to do that.

I will be posting some maps soon for some feed back. At the moment I do not have any map clients but hope to change that soon!

Hello Esther, and welcome to Cartotalk!

There's some threads on freelancing in the "Business of Cartography" section that might be worth reading. I noticed a couple of interesting maps in your portfolio, would love to see more detailed images of those.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Hi and welcome, and good luck with the business!
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Hello Esther,

Welcome to the forum. It's nice to have another leftcoaster on board - especially one from Trukee!

Hello,

Thanks,
Esther Mandeno

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

Esther Mandeno

Esther Mandeno

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • United States

Thanks Hans - I took a look at those discussions - lots of good information.
------
Esther Mandeno
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Welcome Esther. Great portfolio.

I will be moving back to Davis, Ca this summer and its good to know what you do and your location as I pick up GIS contracts in northern California.
So if your up to it, I will keep your contact handy.

Having learned so much from Cartotalk in the past few years, my clients have noticed the improvement in the map production side :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->