Justin Procopio

Justin Procopio

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • United States

Hi!

My name is Justin Procopio. I just graduated a week ago with a degree in Geography and a minor in GIS from George Mason University in Fairfax Virginia. I am a cartographer at heart, the science and art of making maps is a perfect fit for my interests and talents. I joined this forum to network with the cartographic community and to use it to get and give feedback on projects - I will be posting a much updated version of my American Bourbon Distillers map in the Gallery soon! The feed back so far has been phenomenal.

Last summer I had the honor as being the Map Department Intern for National Geographic Magazine. The map I made just came out in the May issue - "Beyond the Han" p126-127. I'm quite proud of it. Check it out! I also was re-hired by the magazine over winter break to work on another story research project. Hopefully I'll get back there someday full-time.

I also worked with a professor in 2007 on a research project titiled "An ecological landscape analysis of Presettlement Land Survey Records: How much of Fairfax County was burned by Native Americans?" I presented my findings in a short interactive paper session at the AGG Annual Meeting in Boston.

When I'm not making maps I love being outdoors - mountain biking, boating, camping, exercising, etc. I'm a great cook too.

I'm ready to start working and apply what I have learned. If you have any questions or would like to talk to me about the possibility of working together let me know!

Regards,

Justin Procopio
justin.procopio@gmail.com

---------------------------------
Justin Procopio

Fran├žois Goulet

Fran├žois Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Hi Justin!

I read the May special issue of NGM about China last week! Great map! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->