Just a brief note to announce that GeoSpatial Training Services will
be offering a number of new online GIS courses through their
Virtual GIS Classroom.
A new course offering entitled "GIS Programming 101: Mastering Python
for Geoprocessing in ArcGIS" will be held from July 7th, 2008 through August 1st, 2008.
A full course description is listed below.
The GIS Programming 101 Course is an instructor guided course taught
in a Virtual GIS Classroom using the same technologies implemented by
colleges and universities around the world to deliver Internet based
courses. Our new Virtual GIS Classroom blends the best of instructor
led and e-learning formats into a new instructor led web based format
that allows for more interactivity between the instructor and student,
and between students.
This course is designed to teach the fundamental programming
constructs of the Python language and how it can be integrated with
ArcGIS Desktop to automate geoprocessing tasks. Course participants
will be led through a series of 11 modules described below.
GIS Programming 101 Course Modules:
- Getting Started with Python in ArcGIS
- The Geoprocessor ArcObject
- Basic Python Language Features
- Obtaining Descriptive Information About ArcGIS Data
- Using Cursor Objects to Select, Edit, & Add Records to Tables and
- Enumeration Objects for Listing ArcGIS Data
- Integrating Python Scripts with ArcToolbox
- Geoprocessing Tools
- ArcGIS Server Tools
- Scheduling Geoprocessing Tasks
- Using Messages to Report Python Output
- Final Class Project
You can also get additional information via GeoSpatial Training
Services' website at:
For additional courses for both ESRI and Google platforms, please see
the course catalog.
Virtual GIS Classroom - GeoSpatial Training Services
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users