• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Hi,

I have been working on project A for some time, and this project had some specific design guidelines which specified certain spot colors as well as specific fonts (that were not the most common ones).

Now I just finished project B, and it went to printing. Some of the maps from project A had been recycled in project B. Project B only used process colors and some other fonts (more common).

When things came back from the press a few maps didn't turn out that well, and what happened was that I had not cleaned up all the spot colors and odd fonts properly - and my layout guy was sloppy with the pre-flight before sending it out to the printer (time constraints and deadlines...)

Now - how can I prevent this from happening again on my end? Is it possible to preflight illustrator files... ?
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

CHART

CHART

Chart

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • No Country Selected

One printer I came across has PDF job Ready.

Here is the quote...

"There's nothing more frustrating than working long hours to create your document for the printshop only to find that when you send it to them, their designer can't get the electronic files to work with their equipment. We understand. That's why we offer Adobe PDF JobReady so you can send us a perfect electronic file every time.

We don't care what software you use, how many fonts you have, what photos you've included, as long as you download the PDF JobReady software to fit your computing platform. PDF JobReady employs the latest PDF technology to transform virtually any electronic file into a file that allows us to print your documents exactly as you see them on your computer screen.

Once installed, create your document. When you're ready to print, select our printshop in your print dialogue box. A PDF will be created for you to proof and print. Submit the job to our printshop by selecting the Submit Now button. We receive a perfect electronic file and we're ready to process your order."

http://www.adobe.com...ts/pdfjobready/

Obviously this will not help if your printer does not have the software set up for their shop.
Chart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->