• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

I have a client that runs Illy CS3 on a Mac & he tells me that when he receives a file that is produced from a PC there seems to be a problem with crossing the platform & the end result has been that data either gets lost or distorted. How many Mac users have experienced this type of problem? And for that matter how many PC users have experienced problems with file conversion from a Mac file?

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

Rick Dey

Rick Dey

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Illustrator, MAPublisher, GIS, Street Maps
  • United States

We're on Macs and have had little problem using CS2 or 3 files from PC. Occasionally there have been font issues. It's important that the file get saved with PDF compatibility on. Of course if you get an AI 10 file that's a completely different story! Most of the time we work in AI 10 and when sending out files we just convert all text to outline, in those cases I've heard few problems from those on PCs that we are supplying files to.
Rick Dey

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Canada

We've got mostly PCs in the office and 1 Mac, all running CS3. Once we sorted out the font issues, we haven't had any difficulties transferring files back and forth between Macs and PCs. Occasionally the PCs can handle the files better and sometimes vice versa as well but we don't have any of the issues you're describing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->