bebe onea

bebe onea

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Romania

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how can I match the colors of two orthophotograms? I have some othophotograms but they have slight different colors and I want to match the colors of some of them to the colors of the others. I tried that in Photoshop but the result was not ok. Is there a method or another software to do that?
Thanks.

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Is there really any other way to do it but visually? There are many settings that you can play with in photoshop - try adding adjustment layers for non-destructive edits.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

natcase

natcase

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Interests:cartography
    aeshetics
    cartographic design
    John Bartholomew
    road maps
    large-scale mapping
  • United States

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how can I match the colors of two orthophotograms? I have some othophotograms but they have slight different colors and I want to match the colors of some of them to the colors of the others. I tried that in Photoshop but the result was not ok. Is there a method or another software to do that?
Thanks.

Are these adjacent photos from the same flight? If so, then gently tweaking them in Photoshop is probably your best bet.

If they are from different flights, you are probably out of luck. Even if they are from the same flight, you may have unsolvable problems from water glare, etc.

Use a soft edge (feather), and use hue and saturation to move them toward each other, working one image at a time in a layered Photoshop file. Note that there are likely variations within any given photograph because of sun angle, so you may need to make changes unevenly across any of the component photos.

Not an easy process. Usually my best result is a "natural-looking" transition among areas of the map, and an overall consistency of tone.

Nat Case
INCase, LLC

Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
maphead.blogspot.com

paul

paul

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Running, telemark skiing, GIS
  • United States

By far the best software for this is Orthovista.

http://www.inpho.de/...ndex_orthovista

It's a little pricey, but pays for itself in saved labor.

vhramos

vhramos

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Guatemala

A number of applications can do this, but none of them are cheap. I use ERDAS Imagine and the specific mosaic tools that allow you to "match" adjacent images. However I have always found that you will have to always have to do some manual adjustments. Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->