Bjorn

Bjorn

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Norway

Hi,

I recently discovered this forum, and I see that there are tons of useful cartography tips and tricks. I'm currently doing a master in GIS at University of Edinburgh where I'm investigating how geobrowsers like Google Earth can be used for thematic mapping. Various results, tips and ideas can be found on my blog: http://blog.thematicmapping.org

Happy for any feedback and I'm looking forward to participate in this forum! B)

Bjorn

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Hi welcome to carto-talk! The Google Maps API market seems to be growing & pays well enough, so that's a good choice if you like that end of the industry. So are you in the ASP.NET & SQL part or the MySQL & PHP part of the Google Maps API end. BTW hope you avoid that Scottish National Standard Bearer. ;)

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Hei Bjørn - står till?

Welcome here - I thought I had recommended CartoTalk to you ages ago... !

(me and Bjørn have worked together in the past)
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Casey Greene

Casey Greene

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • United States

Welcome Bjorn,

That's some great stuff you've got on your blog! :D
Casey Greene - Cartographer - Adventure Cycling Association
- blog
- maps

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Welcome Bjorn,

That's some great stuff you've got on your blog! :D

Very useful indeed I hope to see him write some tutotrials on the subject giving us cartographers an edge over the web programers.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->