6 replies to this topic

chandrimadey

chandrimadey

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hi,

I have a JEPEG Image of Gujrat region. I want to start a new project by using ArcGIS 9.1. I want to georeference the map,also inform me the coordinate system (UTM projection) , false easting, false northing, detum value etc, create a layer and add some data to the relevant layer(Suppose a layer named Asset which will be polygon feature and I want to add some attributes like name, number of floors,number of members, male female distributions). And finally wanto create a lay out view with legends, out lines and grid value(Grid interval will be 30 meter). Step by step instruction will help me out to complete the project.

Thanks and regards,
Chandrima Dey.

Casey Greene

Casey Greene

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • United States

Here a tutorial on how to georeference a jpg. There are numerous other website with these kind of tutorials. Just do a Google search for "georeference 9x" or somthing similar. :)
Casey Greene - Cartographer - Adventure Cycling Association
- blog
- maps

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Chandrima, sounds like you need to get some instruction or tutorial on the basics of map display in ArcGIS 9 - maybe start with the help files and tutorial data that comes with the software? There are online courses offered by ESRI, there are loads of books and there are probably training offered by your local reseller, and maybe also educational institutions.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

angel.spatial

angel.spatial

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • United States

Also, look into the basics of creating shapefiles and digitizing them on the georeferenced jpg.

angel
Share/collaborate GIS data for FREE: data.almostaccurate.com

chandrimadey

chandrimadey

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • No Country Selected

Chandrima, sounds like you need to get some instruction or tutorial on the basics of map display in ArcGIS 9 - maybe start with the help files and tutorial data that comes with the software? There are online courses offered by ESRI, there are loads of books and there are probably training offered by your local reseller, and maybe also educational institutions.

Hi,

Thanks for the repply. Acctually whenever I am going to rectify the Image after georeferencing it changed in to Tiff, am I doing it properly? In ArcCatalog I am going to create a new Layer with a related name and open it in the ArcMap but I am not being able to make it active by the help of which I want to prepare a polygon feature or point feature. But on the other hand If I create a shp file and open it in the ArcMap its working properly(Fixing coordinate system, rename, fixed up the feature type etc.). Some tutorial link will help me out thats for sure.

Thanks and regards,
Chandrima.

chandrimadey

chandrimadey

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • No Country Selected

Also, look into the basics of creating shapefiles and digitizing them on the georeferenced jpg.

angel

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks and regards,
Chandrima.

chandrimadey

chandrimadey

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • No Country Selected

Here a tutorial on how to georeference a jpg. There are numerous other website with these kind of tutorials. Just do a Google search for "georeference 9x" or somthing similar. :)

Hi,

Thanks for the link. :D

Thanks and regards,
Chandrima.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->