3 replies to this topic

Joshua D

Joshua D

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hi all,

I'm going through things that I've accumulated over the years and seeing what I need and don't need (especially since I'm moving this month). I've come across some old Idrisi software, which I have no use for now. So what I have is a full version of Idrisi for Windows v. 1.01.006 (8 floppy disks) and Tosca v. 2.12 with user manuals and student workbook. I also have Idrisi for Windows v. 2.0, but only the manuals and student workbook (I lent the software to a classmate and never had it returned).

I will give either (or both) away free to whoever wants it. I would just like for the recipient to pay for shipping, which is coming from New York City. Just leave a message here (or to jdavidowitz at gmail.com) for me if you would like it.

Thanks,
Joshua

Casey Greene

Casey Greene

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • United States

Thanks for the kind offer Joshua, and I would accept it, except I don't have a floppy drive anymore :(

Guess that's the nature of technology.

-Casey Greene
cbgreene17[at]yahoo
Casey Greene - Cartographer - Adventure Cycling Association
- blog
- maps

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Same here, no floppy drive for me either.

Have you tried offering it on eBay, or on the Carto-SOC mailing list (there's occasionally emails there about old stuff available for free, though usually it's maps or equipment).
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

ProMapper

ProMapper

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:promapper@gmail.com
  • India

Same here, no floppy drive for me either.

Have you tried offering it on eBay, or on the Carto-SOC mailing list (there's occasionally emails there about old stuff available for free, though usually it's maps or equipment).

But I must say that it is just great if the floppies are still kosher after so many years. I had the DOS floppies of 1990 which expired long time back, probably the heat and dust of the third world ate them away. But it is sad that floppy drives are no more.

I do remember working on a 40MB hard disk with Intel8088 chip in the early 90's, it was a big thing in India at that time. Today even $50 mobile phones have larger memories. But it was fun working on those machines, and things used to get done, didn't they??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->