• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

I've started some trials with TiddlyWiki to keep track of project information. Not so much for the time planning/regsitration and such, but due to my setup (multi-boot) I tend to not have access to my email when I'm booted into Windows.

So by placing a wiki (1 self-contained HTML file) in every project directory I can easily keep track of all the notes I take during the process, as well as any client communication.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

I just installed a basecamp-a-like on my webserver, and I can just it for notes, files, tasks etc - and including client communication. Have any of you tried remember the milk? I really love it - extremely easy to use - but it only does tasks...
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Rick Dey

Rick Dey

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Illustrator, MAPublisher, GIS, Street Maps
  • United States

I've started some trials with TiddlyWiki to keep track of project information. Not so much for the time planning/regsitration and such, but due to my setup (multi-boot) I tend to not have access to my email when I'm booted into Windows.

So by placing a wiki (1 self-contained HTML file) in every project directory I can easily keep track of all the notes I take during the process, as well as any client communication.

I've played with TiddlyWiki before but never thought of it for this purpose. I've been considering different options for getting organized in my new job. This is a great idea Hans.
Rick Dey

kings200

kings200

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

I've tried Basecamphq but only as a user - not as an admin. I really think it's good in managing projects since it is easy to understand and use. The list of software from the link you gave are not really in order right? You can check this one though: http://www.timedocto...re-alternatives It's a list of project management software based on Alexa Rankings.

Lynch

Lynch

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Australia

My team uses Latitude. It's a desktop project management software package which will run faster and has better functionality over web-based. It can manage projects, clients, documents and files, and run reports of timesheets and invoices.

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Here is a list of project management tools to consider

This was posted by a spammer, since the link is relevant I decided to keep that :)
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Garry Burks

Garry Burks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

Try Microsoft Project Standard 2010 which gives you a new and easier way to manage projects. With significant updates and visual enhancements, this project manager software delivers project professionals with better experiences to simply be more productive and successfully complete all types of projects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->