- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

It looks like Z-corp finally figured out how to print on their 3D models (instead of using colored resin). Landprint.com has a nifty java launcher that you can download and zoom anywhere in the world via a WorldWindish interface (the CEO of Landprint helped develop Worldwind). Then you just select the area you want and the type of overlay (satellite imagery, topo, etc.) and choose b/w 4,5 or a 6" model. The largest size only costs ~$50 us dollars.

That's a bit cheaper than L. Faulkner's STM. That said, I am sure the STM model would be much better quality (their models are great!), but the convenience of Landprint took $50 from me last week.

Oregon Metro - Portland, OR
www.oregonmetro.gov

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

It looks like Z-corp finally figured out how to print on their 3D models (instead of using colored resin). Landprint.com has a nifty java launcher that you can download and zoom anywhere in the world via a WorldWindish interface (the CEO of Landprint helped develop Worldwind). Then you just select the area you want and the type of overlay (satellite imagery, topo, etc.) and choose b/w 4,5 or a 6" model. The largest size only costs ~$50 us dollars.

That's a bit cheaper than L. Faulkner's STM. That said, I am sure the STM model would be much better quality (their models are great!), but the convenience of Landprint took $50 from me last week.

Thanks a lot Matt... <_< Now I am out $50 too :P

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->