• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Does anybody know what the maximum number of points per path is in Illustrator? 32768?

32,000 points per path? Wow I don't think I will need to do that many. ;) Besides wouldn't that slow the machine down to the point where you would be adding one feature every 3 hours?

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

Andrew Patterson

Andrew Patterson

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Canada

Here's the relevant line from AIPath.h in the SDK:

/** Maximum number of segments in one path */
#define kMaxPathSegments 32000

Our import routines use that constant internally, so if Adobe ever changes that (doubtful) you'll suddenly start seeing more points per line in whatever version of MAPublisher runs on that version of Illustrator :)
Andrew Patterson
Lead Software Architect
Avenza Systems Inc.

email: andrew@avenza.com
phone: 416.487.5116

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->