Raphael Saldanha

Raphael Saldanha

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Brazil

Hi!

A MsC in Communication can be a good solution for a cartographer? Let me explain:

I'm a Brazilian geographer, newly formed. Currently, I'm working in a GIS company and making a postgraduate in Computational Statitical Methods. My preferred area in geography is cartography, specially topographic and thematic mapping.

I think this PG can help me in a lot of things, mainly related to geoprocessing, but I would like to dedicate more in cartography.

A difficult for me to do a MsC and a DsC, mainly in another city, is my job. He's very nice and very very rare and difficult to get another similar here in Brazil. So, I must find something here...

I'm my city, there is a MsC in Comunnication, with the lines "Communication Technologies" and "Communication and Identities". Cartography, I think, is a technology for communication about the space. So, this MsC can be a good solution?

What kind of PG, MsC and DsC cartographers had in USA and another countries?

And for last, what material can be recommended to read to make a project in this area? Currently, I'm reading the Alan MacEachren "How Maps Work: Representation, Visualization, and Design". Has a nice charge of communication theory.

Thanks!

Raphael Saldanha

saldanha.plangeo@gmail.com
saldanha@plangeo.com.br

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->