- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

gariepy

gariepy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

I am looking for a data set representing the internationally recognized boundary of the United States (land boundary and territorial water boundary). I was hoping to find just a few simple lists of lat/lon points, maybe around 6 arcminute resolution, one for the lower 48, one for Alaska, one for Hawaii.

If anyone can point me to a good resouce, it would be appreciated.

mdsumner

mdsumner

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Australia

I am looking for a data set representing the internationally recognized boundary of the United States (land boundary and territorial water boundary). I was hoping to find just a few simple lists of lat/lon points, maybe around 6 arcminute resolution, one for the lower 48, one for Alaska, one for Hawaii.

There is no recognized boundary that I am aware of. :D

P Riggs

P Riggs

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Playing music; studying French language, culture, and history; listening to old time radio; learning and playing accordion; hiking, though I don't get to do much now with having young children, will change in the future; fly-fishing, same as hiking; reading
  • United States

There is no recognized boundary that I am aware of. :D

This isn't internationally recognized, but was created in concert with Canada and Mexico:
National Atlas North American Boundaries. Maybe you can start there for terrestrial boundaries.

Here is an article in the ESRI library about maritime boundary delimitation with GIS (not that simple). Here is a link to the database discussed in the paper.
Philip Riggs
Decorative-Maps.com

natcase

natcase

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:cartography
    aeshetics
    cartographic design
    John Bartholomew
    road maps
    large-scale mapping
  • United States

It's a little challenge to find, but the NOAA Office of Coast Survey is your official source. See:

nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/csdl/mbound.htm

and

nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/csdl/eez.htm

Nat Case
INCase, LLC

Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
maphead.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->