2 replies to this topic

jb46292

jb46292

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hi-

I am setting up hyperlinks in an ArcGIS 9.2 map project for a point layer. The problem is that it is very difficult to click on the points with the hyperlink tool because the points that appear when the tool is active are so small. I have to move the pointer around for awhile before I can find just the right place and finally click and see the picture.

So.... does anyone have any ideas on how to make this easier/ quicker? This project will be going out to people who I do not want to have to hassel with this sort of thing.

Thanks so much

Jay

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

Hi-

I am setting up hyperlinks in an ArcGIS 9.2 map project for a point layer. The problem is that it is very difficult to click on the points with the hyperlink tool because the points that appear when the tool is active are so small. I have to move the pointer around for awhile before I can find just the right place and finally click and see the picture.

So.... does anyone have any ideas on how to make this easier/ quicker? This project will be going out to people who I do not want to have to hassel with this sort of thing.

Thanks so much

Jay

Hi Jay,
You can create a larger "hot spot" by increasing the "Selection Tolerance" under the Selection options.

> Selection menu
> Options
> Selection Tolerance

Hope this what you were looking for. I would try something like 50 just to get a feel for it.

jb46292

jb46292

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hi-

Thanks so much

Jay

Hi Jay,
You can create a larger "hot spot" by increasing the "Selection Tolerance" under the Selection options.

> Selection menu
> Options
> Selection Tolerance

Hope this what you were looking for. I would try something like 50 just to get a feel for it.

Thanks, I will try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->