3 replies to this topic

Realdude

Realdude

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello,

I am working with USGS topo map quads and ran into a bit of an issue. Some of the quad's have roads overlays and others don't. For example I'm working in northern Oregon, Washougle and Multnomah have roads, but Bridal Veil, in between the two doesn't. I've looked everywhere I can think of, USGS, Geo Community, TopoZone but no luck. Can anyone help me fill in the holes?

Thanks, Dan

ProMapper

ProMapper

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:promapper@gmail.com
  • India

Hello,

I am working with USGS topo map quads and ran into a bit of an issue. Some of the quad's have roads overlays and others don't. For example I'm working in northern Oregon, Washougle and Multnomah have roads, but Bridal Veil, in between the two doesn't. I've looked everywhere I can think of, USGS, Geo Community, TopoZone but no luck. Can anyone help me fill in the holes?

Thanks, Dan

Try the link http://edc2.usgs.gov/geodata/

It has data in SDTS format.

Dale Sanderson

Dale Sanderson

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • United States

Hello,

Thanks, Dan

Hopefully someone can back up my reply with better info, but from what I can tell, relatively few 1:24k quads ever had their linework digitized into a vector format. I think that's why companies such as Topo Depot exist. How have others dealt with this problem?
Dale Sanderson
professionally: cartographics manager for Dex One
personally: cartophile and road-geek (my website)

Realdude

Realdude

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello,

Hopefully someone can back up my reply with better info, but from what I can tell, relatively few 1:24k quads ever had their linework digitized into a vector format. I think that's why companies such as Topo Depot exist. How have others dealt with this problem?

Hello Dale,

It seems you are right about the quads. There are a lot of holes out there. I found a tutorial on working with Tiger in Manifold. Hopefully, this will help other start-ups bridge this gap http://exchange.mani...GERTutorial.htm

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->