New user

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Hello All,

My Name is Scott and I am a new user (although I have browsed here for a while). I have been making maps now for about 3 years and about 2.5 of them have been professionally. My term at a company called The Map Store out of Windsor, CA is about to close and I am not only looking for work, but am starting my own gig. I thought I would post some links to the work that I have done http://slmapsandgrap...om/aboutus.aspx.

I know that my site isnt much, but Ive been working on it every day. Hard to prepare for the real world on my own, but I cant wait to get some new projects going and get out of that office that I have been a slave to for 2.5 years...

Check out The Map Store, they have really got some cool stuff and are a locally owned business trying to make it.

Whats the story with this freelance cartography link at the top of the page, anyone tried to work for them?

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Hi Scott, and welcome to Cartotalk!

The freelance cartography link is for Maps.com, they have a programme where freelancers can sign up and then bid on projects. There's been some discussion about it here
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Rick Dey

Rick Dey

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Illustrator, MAPublisher, GIS, Street Maps
  • United States

Welcome Scott.

The Viticulture maps from the Map Store have been an impressive project for a number of years. Living there in the midst of those vineyards I know that keeping track of the changes in Vineyard ownership and the constant additions and changes in the wineries is a real challenge. You guys have somehow seemed to keep on top of that, and still produce some very nice looking maps. I find them hanging on the walls of many a winery.

Best of luck to you and I hope we can be of help to you.
Rick Dey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users