• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

EcoGraphic

EcoGraphic

Master Contributor

• Links Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:landscape architecture,cartography,information architecture,wayfinding,landscape archaeology,cultural landscapes,sustainable design,visual journalism,travel writing,photography,illustration,languages
  • Canada

I came across the greatest little software program the other day and was wondering if anyone else is using it?

SnagIt Screen Capture
http://www.snagit.com

This allows you to grab a snapshot off your screen from any program you are running, including videos, etc. I have struggled with an easier way to crop out a piece of a large graphic image without having to first rasterize it in Photoshop (to a debilitating size) and then crop it. With SnagIt you can zoom into your image, then just draw a box around the part of the image you need, and Voila! You can then output it an just about any format.............

I have not used it for anything heading to a print shop however, so I am not sure yet what sort of print-quality image it creates ............

Note:
If you click on OutPut>Properties>Program (bottom of list) on the main page, you can set SnagIt to deliver the file to Photoshop directly

Gillian
Gillian Auld
EcoGraphic Design
www.EcoGraphic.ca

Design is the intermediary between information and understanding
Richard Grefe

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

I personally have been using SmartCapture from DeskSoft for years. It sounds like they do similar functions. I like SmartCapture because it is very configurable. As well as being able to drag a specific region, it has mode that as you move the cursor around, it tries to frame active windows making it easy capture a specific screen.

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

print screen works pretty good for me :)
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->