2 replies to this topic

Casey Greene

Casey Greene

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • United States

I guess i just jumped right in without really saying hi!

I'm over here in missoula - montana, enjoying the outdoor mountain life and biding my time at the university (of montana) until the right job comes along. I have just sort-of always loved all-things-map. My two favorite map development processes are programming and graphic design (although i don't know if this is legal).

Some of my other interests are cycling, constructing longboards (a type of skateboard), and playing with my 2 beautiful daughters.

Anyways, I love CartoTalk, its the perferct drug for the map addict. I just hope i don't get any more addicted than i already am. :blink: ------ or, I might have to check into rehab. ;) :lol:

:D
Casey Greene - Cartographer - Adventure Cycling Association
- blog
- maps

GISRox

GISRox

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, maps, travel.
  • United States

It's good to see another person from Montana on board! I'm over in the dusty, brown side of the state, while you are in the midst of the green and trees. :P Do you know about the upcoming GIS conference in Missoula? http://www.magip.org/ I'm going to try and make it over.

Casey Greene

Casey Greene

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • United States

Hey Rob,

Missoula is really lucky this year that we get 2 Carto/GIS confrences. I dont think I'm going to get to go to the Intermountain GIS conference next month though :( , its a bit to pricey for a college student like me and i missed out on the scholarships. I will be going to the NACIS conference this fall though.

Its a beautiful place to have a conference but ive heard of more then one "high sign up-low attended" conferences in Missoula, due to people getting here and wanting to play in the mountains rather then sitting in conference rooms. :lol:

Let me know if you come to town in April, and want to skip off from the conference for some coffee. Let me also know if you need any info about Missoula. :)
Casey Greene - Cartographer - Adventure Cycling Association
- blog
- maps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->