• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

François Goulet

François Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

I was wondering if you all could just take a look at http://www.redgeographics.com and let me know when you see something that is not my company website (no duck = not good). This is not some ploy to get more visitors, I'm just curious to find out what's going on.

Looks just fine for me. I think my problem was due to a spyware or virus of some sort. I reboot my computer several times, try numerous solutions, but it came back only when I finish a scan with my anti-spyware. My page was visible by all the others though during this time.

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

I'm fearing there might be something going on with my domain as well. It works just fine for me, but I've heard from others who end up seeing something that's *not* my website.

I was wondering if you all could just take a look at http://www.redgeographics.com and let me know when you see something that is not my company website (no duck = not good). This is not some ploy to get more visitors, I'm just curious to find out what's going on.

Looks fine to me. Maybe your clients are mistyping the URL and being directed to one of those generic domain registration/offer websites. I've had this happen on more than one occasion. User error is the most likely cause.

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Looks fine to me. Maybe your clients are mistyping the URL and being directed to one of those generic domain registration/offer websites. I've had this happen on more than one occasion. User error is the most likely cause.

Actually, a client just sent me some screenshots. Apparently when he's going to a page on my website, he ends up at this blog-like thing with "all the information on Red Geographics Zevenbergen" and links to other, similar blog pages.

I'm guessing there's some bad DNS's around, but I had 2 clients report this.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

Actually, a client just sent me some screenshots. Apparently when he's going to a page on my website, he ends up at this blog-like thing with "all the information on Red Geographics Zevenbergen" and links to other, similar blog pages.

I'm guessing there's some bad DNS's around, but I had 2 clients report this.

Strange. Never had that happen before.

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Hans', looks fine from here.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->