• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

François Goulet

François Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Hi folks!

I'm applying on a job which require to know AutoCAD (and ArcMap and MapInfo of course! ;) )

I've had AutoCAD training (I think it was on Autocad light 11) in 1996 ;) and was wondering what was the learning curve to re-learn AutoCAD being an advanced user of ArcMap and a intermediate one on MapInfo?

Any good tutorial to suggest too?

Thanks!

Rob

Rob

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:anything outside.
  • United States

I use both programs regularly and they still remain quite different in their approaches. If the Acad is to support basic mapping, editing, drawing tasks, then a quick read of a Acad for Dummies book would probably get you up to speed reasonable quick; if for more intense drafting... then that's a whole different story. Good news is that Arc support for DWG's is vastly improved in the latest Arc desktop release.

I like http://www.cadtutor.net/ for a great/helpful forum.

Hi folks!

I'm applying on a job which require to know AutoCAD (and ArcMap and MapInfo of course! ;) )

I've had AutoCAD training (I think it was on Autocad light 11) in 1996 ;) and was wondering what was the learning curve to re-learn AutoCAD being an advanced user of ArcMap and a intermediate one on MapInfo?

Any good tutorial to suggest too?

Thanks!

François Goulet

François Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Thanks Rob!

I've order AutoCAD map 3D trial and got an "introduction cd". I'll take a look at AutoCAD for Dummies too.

I know I can "re-learn" how to use it pretty fast (even though I don't become an expert in a week), but I'd like to be able to, at least, speak about it in my interview.

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->