• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ErinGreb

ErinGreb

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:atlas design, textbook cartography, historical map design, guidebook maps
  • United States

Hello,
My name is Erin Greb and I joined CartoTalk a while ago but am just now getting around to introducing myself. I work at Penn State in the Geog Department/Gould Center managing the campus map and all sorts of other projects for Penn State Press and lots of other folks. I use Illustrator and ArcGIS mostly, and I've recently done some interactive Flash mapping. I work part-time and have recently thought of doing some freelance on the side so came to the board to learn more about it and was happy to see a ton of advice. Look forward to being more active on the site!
-Erin

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Hi Erin, and welcome to Cartotalk.

This board certainly would be a good place to start if you're looking for freelance work. Lots of other cartographers here.

Feel free to post some of your recent work in the Map Gallery, I'm pretty sure Derek would want to see any campus maps you've done.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • United States

Welcome, Erin!

I worked in the Penn State cart lab - back when it was called the Deasy Center - as a student and spent some of that time working on the campus map and related products. It was a great experience :D
Best of luck with the freelancing!
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->