rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Canada

Hi All -

For those of you who have recently been hired into an entry level cartography position or who have recently hired one such person, what kind of salary can someone expect starting out in such a position? A quick survey of job postings seems to indicate about $35k to $45k per annum (figures in Canadian or US dollars). What has people's experiences been in this regard? (Entry level only, not looking for alot of experience for such a position).

I'm focusing on salaries for Canada and the US.

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

That depends on geographic location within Canada & the United States. For 3 1/2 years I was an example of when entry level cartographers don't get hired, however I am only now getting experience thanks to freelancing. Of those who graduated from COGS in 2004 that got jobs the average income for entry level was in the 40-50K range.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->