Luigi

Luigi

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello friendly GIS fans...
I'm searching for data concerning the population density on the provinces of Morocco.
I've already checked this site but the data is to coarse...

Does someone have a better source?

Best regards

Keep mapping

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Morocco national statistics agency? For global data, you can try LandScan or Gridded Population of the World (GPW)
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Luigi

Luigi

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • No Country Selected

Morocco national statistics agency? For global data, you can try LandScan or Gridded Population of the World (GPW)

Thanks Frax...
I've cheked the sample data of landscan... Do you know if they have a good data set for all europe?
There is also a population grid in EEA from wich you can make a popolatuion density grid... Do you know if the landsacan grid is better?

Bes regards
Luigi

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Luigi - LandScan is global, so it is the same resolution for the whole world. It is likely better in places with good demographic statistics, and small administrative units, e.g. most of Europe. And worse is places with large administrative units and fewer people.

Don't know about EEA, but that is likely not a modelled dataset, like LandScan, and probably more accurate, but maybe not as sexy and detailed - but does that dataset cover Morocco?
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Luigi

Luigi

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • No Country Selected

Luigi - LandScan is global, so it is the same resolution for the whole world. It is likely better in places with good demographic statistics, and small administrative units, e.g. most of Europe. And worse is places with large administrative units and fewer people.

Don't know about EEA, but that is likely not a modelled dataset, like LandScan, and probably more accurate, but maybe not as sexy and detailed - but does that dataset cover Morocco?

Hey Frax, the data base of EEA does NOT cover Marocco. It doesen´t even cover Switzerland :) It only cover the EU countries. I think it is pretty cool. You can check it here

Best regards
Luís

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->