Photo

Class Probability tool (Mulitvariate toolbox)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

IHAG

IHAG

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

Dear all,

for some time now I have been having a problem with the class probability function of the multivariate toolbox in ArcCatalogue and was wondering whether one of you could help me. I manage to run the class probability function on version 9.1 of ArcGis Desktop when using equal probability weighting. As soon as I want to weigh the classes using the 'sample' option I get the following generic error message:

"An error was encountered while executing ClassProbability.
("esriGeoAnalyst.GridEngine") Error in executing grid expression
Failed to execute (ClassProbability_2)."

When I use the 'file' option instead and specify my a priori probability text file, I get this error message:
"An error was encountered while executing ClassProbability.
("esriGeoAnalyst.GridEngine") File name not provided
Failed to execute (ClassProbability_3)."

This is weird though as the Maximum Likelihood tool works well when using the same set of raster images, signature and a priori probability file. I have tried all the conventional solutions, e.g. changing the file names by removing the 'bad' characters, checking the name length etc and have installed the latest service package. I have also tried running the class probability tool on version 9.2, where it did not work at all. I am running out of ideas and was hoping that you have a fix for this problem. I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you very much for your help!

Please see attached error message

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->