Apply at http://careers.esri.com/
click the "Search Jobs" link (near the middle of the page) and search for "Mapping"
If you apply, please send me a PM so I know to track your resume down.
Use your map making expertise to create maps and develop and document best mapping methods through instructions and examples. This is a challenging opportunity to create a variety of base maps to support broad general use of ArcGIS.
• Design, build, and manage maps and data content for the ArcGIS user community
• Develop and publish mapping and cartographic workflow automation methods and tools
• Document best practices for high quality mapping and cartography of all kinds on ESRI’s Mapping Center Web site (http://mappingcenter.esri.com)
• Develop and prove best methods and practices to produce ESRI’s base maps and then document them to help those in the ArcGIS user community build their own base maps and mapping applications
• Help ArcGIS users create better, more effective maps
• M.S. in geography, cartography, or GIS related field
• Three or more years of professional, predominantly hands-on, map making experience with ArcGIS 9.0 through 9.2
• Ability to create and modify features with the Editor
• Knowledge of Maplex and working with the tools in the ArcGIS 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst extensions
• Previous geoprocessing experience including scripting (Python)
• Strong familiarity with geodatabase concepts and objects
• Ability to track progress and decisions as they happen
• Ability to produce clearly written and illustrated documents describing and justifying complex processes in context with relevant implications
• Additional experience with ArcGIS Server and the animation framework in ArcGIS 9.2
ESRI Headquarters, Redlands, CA
Mapping Center Cartographic Product Engineer
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users