• 572 posts
  • Interests:cartography
    aeshetics
    cartographic design
    John Bartholomew
    road maps
    large-scale mapping
  • United States

I'm a big fan of the Goode's Interrupted Homolosine projection.

At the moment, my workflow is pretty strictly MaPublisher/Illustrator based, and there doesn't seem to be an easy solution there: MaPublisher supports Goode's Homolosine, but only in an uninterrupted form.

In Googling for advice, I see an older paper talking about how to kluge together the 12 segments of a classical GIHP (I think it's from about 10 years ago). I see ESRI supports interrupted Goode, and so I'm thinking direct illustrator export from ESRI may be the way to go, but I wanted to check if there are other alternatives before I dive in... like is there a way to create interrupted projections in MaPublisher without cutting the world up into different projections in separate layers?

Nat Case
INCase, LLC

Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
maphead.blogspot.com

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

In general, if you want to use MAPublisher to produce a map using a projection that MAPublisher doesn't support, you can prepare the GIS file in any other application that does support that projection (FME, Manifold, Global Mapper, ArcGIS) and simply import those into MAPublisher. Just don't specify a source coordinate system.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->